Nelly VS. Venetian Snares

Talk about anything you want but inane flaming isn't on the agenda blah blah... you know the score.

Moderators: stevvi, vinyl vandal

synthe.labo

Post by synthe.labo »

hello Kirk

why your site is always so....ambiguous......

aSQvK

Post by aSQvK »

synthe.labo wrote:why your site is always so....ambiguous......
That's because my old tracks suck, the new ones aren't finished yet, and lately I'd rather be calling attention to religious radicals, war criminals, and terrorists.

lydiadeetz

Post by lydiadeetz »

aSQvK wrote:C8 needs a Quake III server to settle this kind of shit
i respectfully offer the Food Eating Battle Monkey page:

http://thesurrealist.co.uk/monkey.cgi

:P
The Killradio Clone Hour w/ djs lydiadeetz & Apollo Loco, Saturdays, 12-3pm PDT @ http://www.killradio.org
"Bonnie & Clyde didn't work alone! Thelma & Louise didn't work alone! And they were THE BEST!!!" -mathilda, "The Professional"

synthe.labo

Post by synthe.labo »

aSQvK wrote:
synthe.labo wrote:why your site is always so....ambiguous......
That's because my old tracks suck, the new ones aren't finished yet, and lately I'd rather be calling attention to religious radicals, war criminals, and terrorists.
the old sucks....no man, i love them....i'll mail you privately :wink:

...hey...good pic, i'll send it to some message boards of american integralists that i know, that follow mr. Phil Anselmo

eheh, ciao-marco

aSQvK

Post by aSQvK »

synthe.labo wrote:...hey...good pic, i'll send it to some message boards of american integralists that i know, that follow mr. Phil Anselmo
I'm sure they'll love it. This is really for the politics thread, but here's the original vid grab in case anyone else wants a crack at it, and the poster that inspired the text...more posters here http://www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/posters2.htm

dr.oon

Post by dr.oon »

Did you know that english was actually voted to be the american language. i forgot by who/what/where/when. but i know that it only had like 2 votes more then german. so imagine what the world would have looked like if america was germanic during the world wars. offcourse, if germany would have won the 1st world war, fascist germany would have never happened, because that grew from the humiliation and the economical carnage of the first one. heh. as far as off topic remarks go.

ow and i think anyone that doesnt like the nelly vs vsnares track is a stuckup old fart. actually i propose a strict segregation withing the breakcore genre between 'fun breakcore' and 'serious breakcore'. they should never mingle. and hate eachother. kinda like the nazi skins vs.non nazi skins thing. but worse. and without nazis.

Saxenhammer

FUCKINELLY

Post by Saxenhammer »

Nelly is a disease.He shouldnt be discussed here.

"Segregations within the breakcore genre.."

What a great idea.... :roll:

jungle toad

Post by jungle toad »

dr.oon wrote:ow and i think anyone that doesnt like the nelly vs vsnares track is a stuckup old fart. actually i propose a strict segregation withing the breakcore genre between 'fun breakcore' and 'serious breakcore'. they should never mingle. and hate eachother. kinda like the nazi skins vs.non nazi skins thing. but worse. and without nazis.
dahahaha!

Yeah, the Nelly vs. Snares track was pure comedy. I don't know why so many people are getting uppity about it. Yes, Nelly sucks, but isn't that the point? 8O

I guess you could say it is not very original since people like Freelance Hellraiser, Kid 606, and knifehandchop have done similar kinds of pop culture deconstructions/destructions; but I still think the juxtaposition of Nelly with Aaron Funk is just funny because it is so wrong.

Illkidformat

Post by Illkidformat »

dr.oon wrote:Did you know that english was actually voted to be the american language. i forgot by who/what/where/when. but i know that it only had like 2 votes more then german. so imagine what the world would have looked like if america was germanic during the world wars. offcourse, if germany would have won the 1st world war, fascist germany would have never happened, because that grew from the humiliation and the economical carnage of the first one. heh. as far as off topic remarks go.
ok what your basicly trying to say is that English was indeed voted for, but it should not be mistaken that the other language was DUTCH. no German! Ha , some say there were even plans of naming the "NEW" big city "Nieuw Amsterdam" instead of "New York". imagen that!
The English won in the end but the main reason many Dutch were in America was because Amsterdam (together with Antwerp) had one of biggest harbours ~~~~~~
if you look into surnames in the u.s. you sometimes still find old Dutch names as VAN HALEN or something like that.

obviously this has nothing to do with Moshipet vs Nelly and the Snares ..
that's probably made in a few hours and we haven't even discussed Kid606 vs Whatever yet (please dont) .. Moshipet has much more to offer than just to judge him by this 2:00-minut funtrack.

j somatics

Post by j somatics »

William wrote:
Skell Nonch wrote:I suppose the same reason I'm continuing in this thread, to convince myself that things I perceive to be shit before I hear or experience them actually are as I thought. I suppose to challenge my own taste boundaries haven't changed.
I'm not arguing that it won't be popular just I see very little artisitic merit in it.
Teenage party crap? Oh come on, don't be so serious, or are we just turning into a griping old man?
At least what I’ve heard of Mochipet’s music has some interesting snares, not the same rigid snare hook stuff we've been listening to for 10 years from the Somatics. Mixed with the ever so intelligent D-minor key to get some kind of emotive ‘response’ [pun absolutely intended, for those currently without humour]. Wasn’t that considered ARTISTIC back in the late eighties with a lot of old industrial bands? Hey new subject, High Art versus Low Art, is a tried and tested musical value system just mass production? Or is it art?
Besides that...what the hell did you guys do to those Bogdan Raczynski tracks? They used to be FUN!
Each to their own, you know no one is really that special, so stop being such a boring old fart ;).
ok, two things:
1. Apologies for "making" you listen to our music.
2. We've never been into "Indusrtial" so I'm sure on what the feck your talking about. At the end of the day , if mixing 2 records together is talent then every dj who can pick up 2 records is god blessed with endless talent.

maladroit

Post by maladroit »

truly brilliant

no really!

and while youre all there, tellme how the rest of the weather is in your impacted rectal cavaties.....

this is like the pop art vs abstract expressionist garbage as slung by clement greenberg..

and nearly as important, and nearly as obvious the result of cocaine/crack psychosis

and ill still listen to what i want to listen to

the fact that you sampled something currently relevant or spent months tweaking presets on your synth do not really impress me.... no really!

believe it or not, humans seem to have individual points of view

(pause for thunderclap)

fuking europeans

and yanks

and pasty brits

Skell Nonch

Post by Skell Nonch »

so that only leaves ignorant convicts in "ok" category!?

synthe.labo

Post by synthe.labo »

maladroit wrote:fuking europeans
BAHAHAHAHAH :P

aSQvK

Post by aSQvK »

lydiadeetz wrote:
aSQvK wrote:C8 needs a Quake III server to settle this kind of shit
i respectfully offer the Food Eating Battle Monkey page:

http://thesurrealist.co.uk/monkey.cgi

:P
Eh, that precludes the sort of shit-talking possible after turning your opponent into hamburger with a rocket barrage.

aSQvK

Post by aSQvK »

dr.oon wrote:ow and i think anyone that doesnt like the nelly vs vsnares track is a stuckup old fart. actually i propose a strict segregation withing the breakcore genre between 'fun breakcore' and 'serious breakcore'.
No. The problem here is that the increasingly easy avilability of audio software has brought a proliferation of tunes made by people who would be better occupied playing videogames. The dividing line isn't between those who prefer seriousnes over comedy-core, but between those who understand what good music is and those who clap for crap.