What on earth are you up to?????

K.
Dark. sick music
<!-- http://c8.com // -->

geroyche

Post by geroyche » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:05 am

why, this is unexpected!

okay, here's a small update to fill y'all in:
as you may remember, i got heavily into dubstep in 2005/2006.
with a perceived stalling potential in both breakcore and idm at the time, i gradually found myself djing nothing else anymore.
for a while i was organizing a night called bass club, trying to showcase what i thought was still worthwile in breakcore and fresh dubstep on one floor.
it was interesting while it lasted, but the sound was subpar and the crowd was sort of divided over what they liked the hear. i did, however, establish a base for dubstep in my town through this.

ultimately, geroyche & wintermute got reunited as a dubstep dj team, with their own night (kode dubstep). attendance was twice that of bass club from the start, and it has been running for over a year now.
partywise it is the most successful thing i have ever been involved with. so that's nice. it's also not just a run-of-the mill thing. we had 16bit and akira kiteshi's germany debut shows, and still their only gigs here so far.

as far as producing music is concerned, a stylistic burnout after voxxx series a.1, a lack of definite vision in between the switch to a dubstep djing preference and the demise of breakcore, combined with lack of time due to the need to make ends meet virtually brought it to a halt about 3 years ago.
i do, however, have one, yes one, locked groove coming out sooner or later on alphacut records.

meanwhile, i am all web2.0. connect on twitter, myspace, soundcloud, last.fm, discogs, ... if you like. just google geroyche and you'll find it. i grew weary of adding any more links to this post ;)
Secretly plotting to kill the U.S. president since June 1979.

dèdèche

Post by dèdèche » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:50 am

geroyche wrote:as far as producing music is concerned, a stylistic burnout after voxxx series a.1 [...]
[schmeichler]as far as im concerned, those voxxx records were definitely among the best idm-ish stuffs for the last few years, as much as the best tracks coming from you (and i do own the kool pop and suburban trash ones)[/schmeichler]

i believe they sold properly, right? i had to search a lot to finally get the 3 of them.

and i'd really like to hear your take on dubstep, production-wise.

stevvi
Site Admin

Post by stevvi » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:01 pm

geroyche wrote:why, this is unexpected!
No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
meanwhile, i am all web2.0. connect on twitter, myspace, soundcloud, last.fm, discogs, ... if you like. just google geroyche and you'll find it. i grew weary of adding any more links to this post ;)
Anything of listenable encoded quality there? Can't do myspace as sound quality destroys music etc.

K.
Dark. sick music
<!-- http://c8.com // -->

camouflage

Post by camouflage » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:38 pm

stevvi check out soundcloud for some proper encoding\distributin\self promotin' audio action.

it also seems it isnt owned by some tycoon mofo
non devo avere paura...la paura è la piccola morte che porta con se l'annullamento totale
----------
hyena -- on frozen windz -- fekete --
figli di diapa -- scum from the sun

RXSTNZ RECORDS!
http://www.rexistenz.org